Look up the world

Friday 27 January 2023

January 27th 2023

 So

A whole year into retirement - a whole year and 2 days. Still getting asked very frequently "so how's retirement?" and despite the flippant "yeah it's great", there's not a straightforward answer.

I am loving it, don't miss work at all, have very few pangs to be out and about working again - very proud of what I did, still fond of lots of folk who I worked with, that are still there etc but to have time for me, lots of time, is wonderful.

I've thought about maybe dipping my toe into doing a bit of paid work to help things along at home (and maybe that will be necessary - and maybe the ideal opportunity will arise) but I already feel that I don't want to commit to any days away from my meanderings round here. I guess if I was kicking my heals and watching TV all day then working would be a far better use of my time, but daily fulfilment isn't a problem. Even through my 1st full winter of dark nights and cold days, there's been very little down time - despite rolling my ankle before Christmas and only just back up to walking without pain.

As the daylight increases each day, there's so much to be getting on with. I guess winter will still come back and bite me on the bum, but here's to brighter days

Quick update on family. Jen flies to KL today for a two week explore before a few months travelling later this year. Rosie is smashing Cardiff. Can't wait till DG and I go and visit in Feb 1/2 term


No comments:

Post a Comment